Virtual Patch Cables
The TimewARP 2600 features Virtual Patch Cables to help you construct all of the 2600's distinctive sounds with an intuitive interface that works just like the original. Simply "grab" a cable and plug it in where neededthe TimewARP 2600 will automatically mimic the proper effect in real time.
The TimewARP 2600 sets a new standard for soft-synth live performance by providing incredibly smooth sounding sliders and controls. Tweak any and every knob on our control surface to hear what is now possible in real-time sound manipulation.
Extensive Velocity and Aftertouch Control
Besides globally assigning any slider, knob or switch to a MIDI controller, you can also extensively fine tune the velocity and/or aftertouch parameters of incoming keyboard events. The control's response curve can be set to respond as linear, exponential, or logarithmic with an option to invert the polarity. You can also set custom range limits for any parameter.
And for the sonic maniac, an unlimited number of TimewARP 2600 sliders, knobs or controls can be assigned to respond to a single MIDI control.
TimewARP 2600 Synth Features:
- 3 VCOs - all capable of generating audio band and Low Frequency (LF) signals.
- 1 Lo-Pass Resonant Filter - supports variable-depth self-oscillation and audio band and LF control modulation.
- 1 Sample & Hold - driven by either an internal, external, or MIDI Beat Clock. Can also be used as LFO source.
- 1 Ring Modulator.
- 1 Noise Generator - adjustable from white to red noise.
- 2 Envelope Generators - 1 ADSR, 1 AR.
- 1 Envelope Follower.
- 1 VCA - 2 audio inputs, 1 linear control input, 1 exponential control input. Also has initial gain control.
- 4 plug multiple module.
- Stereo Reverb.
- Output Pan.
- Electronic Switch.
- Lag Processor - LF filtering from 1.2 to 1200Hz.
- 2 Inverter Modules - both with attenuable inputs.
- Preamp In - mono or stereo.
TimewARP 2600 Keyboard Features:
- Virtual ARP 3620 Keyboard.
- Variable-rate portamento, octave switch, pitch bend, LFO controls including delayed sine wave vibrato depth and speed.
- LFO Outputs - include square, triangle, and sine waves.
- External LFO-In - allows keyboard voltages to be modulated by any signal present on the TimewARP 2600.
- Interval Latch Switch - will latch a two note interval for use as single key play.
- 2 Upper Voice Outputs.
- Multiple or Single Trigger Mode - provides for single or multiple gates for slurred notes.
- Keyboard Repeat Mode - provides auto repeat or repeat on key-press synchronized to keyboard LFO and MIDI Beat Clock.
- Square wave is syncable to MIDI Beat Clock.
The TimewARP 2600 supports RTAS, AU and Standalone operation on Mac OSX, and RTAS, VST, and Standalone operation on Windows XP and Vista.
We are planning a TDM version to be released later this year or early 2006.
Need To Know More?
For even more detail about how the TimewARP2600 works (and a great tutorial on audio synthesis in general), download the complete TimewARP2600 manual in .pdf format from our Manuals page or visit the FAQ.
>>> TESTIMONIALS >>>
The new TimewARP 2600 for the RTAS, AU, and VST plug-in platforms, as well as Standalone operation for Mac and Windows is ready for download. To get a free evaluation copy or to purchase the program, go to the Buy page.